I love Chinese takeout but I have to admit it’s not that healthy, thus I have a Chinese take our favourite – cooked in a way that delicious and healthy.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Total time: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 handful frozen peas, softened in boiling water
- 2 or 3 bacon (sliced)
- 1 handful cooked vegan chicken strips (shredded with a fork)
- 20ml soy sauce (add enough for your personal taste)
- 400g cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tsp white pepper (add enough for your personal taste)
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree
- Place your vegan chicken strips in foil season with chicken five spices
- Wrap the bowl like a bowl and then pinch at the top to close and place in oven
- Heat the olive oil in a wok over a medium to high heat and add the peas and ham to cook for a minute or two.
- Add the strips with a dash of soy sauce and stir well.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken.
- Add the rice and dash of soy sauce to taste and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Dust with a pinch of white pepper and taste, adjust accordingly with soy sauce.
- Serve, kick back and enjoy!