Beautiful tasting fish, with green rice. The rice is a mix of parsley, pepper and olive oil which is a lovely way to dress your rice rather than gravy.
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Total time: 30mins
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 long-grain white rice
- 2 small Cod fillets
- 2 tsp.sea salt
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a food processor, pulse the parsley, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper until finely chopped; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 pinch teaspoon pepper. Brush the lemon juice over the Cod, then coat in the spice mixture.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the Cod in two batches, adding extra oil if necessary until the fish is beginning to blacken and is opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and fold in the parsley mixture. Serve with the fish and lemon wedges, if desired.