Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
I’ve been wanting to try this for a while; sticky bbq eggplant. I served this with noodles. This recipe is written for just the Eggplant by itself.
- 1 Eggplant
- 3 tablespoons Flying Goose Hoisin Sauce
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp cayanne pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Gather all the ingredients.
- First lay your eggplant on a chopping board
- Cut into 1 finger thick chuncks so you get thick round rings of eggplant
- *Use all the epplant don’t waste the bottom or top
- Grab your bowl and add all the seasoning ingredients “EXCEPT FOR THE THE MAPLE SYRUP”
- Now take each chunch of Eggplant and rub with maple syrup
- Then dip into the bowl witht the sauce, get it nice and thickly coated
- *I used an air frier and place it in for 20 minutes thereafter it was ready to serve
- If you do not have an air fryer use a light drizzle of oil in a frying pan and place each eggplant in the pan, let it fry for 10 mins max and then it’ll be ready to serve
I used my sticky eggplant with noodles and I’ve tried with bao buns as well as rice. This is a nice side dish also if you chop the eggplant into cubes rather than rings and serve in a little dish in the style of tapas.
See full video on Instagram @kanndissriley
Recipe by Kanndiss Riley of Riley’s Cuisine Magagaine. KRSPCE. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.