Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Can you tempura anything? comment below your favourite thing to be battered.
- 100g Shrimp
- 1 tsp Carotino mild & light cooking oil
- 50g Rye Flour
- 35g Cornflour
- 20g Cornmeal Coarse
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp Cayenne chilli pepper
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Half fill a large saucepan or deep fat fryer with your oil and heat until a small cube of bread turns golden brown in 30 seconds.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Grap one shrimp at a time or add the shrimp into the bowl and throoughrly coat in flow lay back on a chopping board
- Dip a few of the shrimp into the pan at a time. Fry 2 or 3 prawns at a time and fry for 1-2 minutes or until just golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
I served these with my sticky eggplant with noodles and I had enough to continue eating them the next couple days. You can serve immediately with lime and wasabi dip or try sweet chilli sauce and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
See full video on Instagram @kanndissriley
Recipe by Kanndiss Riley of Riley’s Cuisine Magagaine. KRSPCE. All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.